Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unwelcome Trip

Today I lost again, but I didn't enjoy it.  I weighed in this morning at 217.4.  I only got about 3 hours of sleep though - and none of that continuous.  I woke up about 2 with sharp pains & realized I had a bladder infection.  I fought the idea until 4:30 when I caved and got out my AzoStandard to finally get 1 1/2 hours of sleep.

It was, of course, on my mind all day long.  I called my Dr's office & they were VERY nice and said they'd squeeze me in at 4 if I could make it by then.  I made the trip across the dam and into Pilot Point & even a little ways toward Tioga.  Whew!  They were true to their word!  I was in at 4 and out by 4:35.  Such nice nice people there at North Texas Family Medicine.  They keep that up and we will change our PCP to them.  (sounds like a threat!)

I also made a couple of discoveries.  Today I made a change in my eating (measuring actually), and tomorrow I'll make another one.

food log:                                     calories:
coffee                                                  0
chicken (75g)                                 124
pickles                                              32
chicken (75g)                                 124
cabbage                                            17
melba toast (2 pcs)                        39
orange                                             62
melba snacks                                  36
total for day:                            434

  Hard to believe one change (75g of chicken instead of 100g - we were supposed to be measuring it RAW and not COOKED, so we were overeating!) makes that much difference & I'm still not hungry!  Dr asked how I was feeling - and I feel good, normal, and really do not have cravings for anything so far.  Of course, we've only been on the HCG for 8 days & on the VLCD for 6, but I feel like I'm doing okay.  You have to understand, for the last two years, I haven't been able to "stick" to a diet/eating change for more than 2 days - and even then, I usually had a glass of wine (& counted the calories/points for it).  I figure I'll drop some weight just by not drinking any alcohol for this 6 weeks.  But, 1 week down - 5 to go!  I think I can do it; I can barely stand waiting to see my results.  I'm hoping for good ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment