Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Proud Mama & Cabbage Soup

KAYLA RAN TONIGHT AND GOT 2ND PLACE IN THE 2400 (1.5  mi) AT THE ARGYLE TRACK MEET!!!!!!

Yes, I most certainly did mean to shout that!  I am so proud of my girl!  She's been working really hard to do this!

I am just bursting with pride for her!


And, yet again, I went over on my calories.  I still have a piece of fruit to go, but I don't think I want it.  Amazing thing, that.  I got hungry today, but an orange fended that away.  I want to still be very good because I am seeing changes in the scales.  I did take my measurements yesterday so that if the scale slows down (and I 'm sure it will) I can see if inches are coming off instead.  Y'know, how you lose weight - it shifts around - you lose some more - it shifts...  Tricky tricky stuff - weight...

I am down to 217.7 as of this morning.  I haven't been under 220 since at least last October sometime.  That's a nice feeling.  And seeing that scale # be lower - even a little bit (although I realize that 3 pounds isn't really a little bit) - make me want to be good for the rest of the day.  AHHH.... such logic!

food log:                                 calories
breakfast:
coffee                                                0
lunch:
cucumber                                        34
100 g chicken                               165
snack:
orange                                              62
melba toast                                      78
dinner:
100 g chicken                                 165
1 c cabbage soup                             35
total for day:                              538

And I wasn't expecting to enjoy cabbage boiled in chicken broth and spices to be enjoyable, but it really was.  Don't think I could have it daily... but I could have it for dinner and for lunch once a week.  What do you think?

Sunburn is getting itchy.  Soon I'll look like my arms have dandruff.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I LOVE your ticker! Keep up the hard work; I KNOW you can do it!

    ReplyDelete